Welcome to Luna Community College
To be eligible to receive a certificate or degree from the college, students must meet the following requirements as well as those listed under the specific program they are pursuing:
- The student must maintain an overall cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and must complete all required coursework.
- grade of “C” or better is required for program/certificate requirements, institutional proficiency requirements, other LCC requirements, related studies, approved electives and is strongly recommended for all general education core.
- Transfer credit may be used toward graduation requirements as recommended by the academic department, with the following requirements and/or guidelines:
- A cumulative GPA for all courses accepted in transfer and for those used to meet graduation requirements (excluding general education core courses) must equal 2.0 or higher.
- Fifteen (15) credit hours required in the major field and counted toward an associate degree (not including general education courses) shall be earned at LCC.
- Nine (9) credit hours required in the major field and counted toward a certificate shall be earned at LCC.
- Meet with the Registrar and submit a Petition to Graduate (for each certificate or degree) by one of the following deadlines:
Semester of Graduation Early Deadline Final Deadline Fall 2012 July 31, 2012 November 21, 2012 Spring 2013 December 7, 2012 April 12, 2013 Summer 2013 May 17, 2013 July 12, 2013 Fall 2013 July 31, 2013 November 22, 2013 Spring 2014 December 6, 2013 April 11, 2014 Summer 2014 May 16, 2014 July 11, 2014 Fall 2014 July 31, 2014 November 21, 2014 Spring 2015 December 5, 2014 April 10, 2015 Summer 2015 May 15, 2015 July 10, 2015
- All debts to the college must be paid in full before graduation, including the $15 graduation fee for each certificate and/or degree. Students will be required to “clear” through several LCC offices the last week of the semester of graduation at which time the graduation fee will be due and payable to the Fiscal Office. The Office of the Registrar will provide a Graduation Clearance form to graduating students by mail.
LCC holds one commencement ceremony each year at the end of the Spring semester. Detailed information regarding the ceremony is posted online at www.luna.edu each year by February 15th. Students eligible to participate in the ceremony, who have submitted a Petition to Graduate, will receive a letter of invitation and packet from the Office of the Registrar. Letters of invitation are mailed the last week of February. Commencement ceremony dates and eligible participants through Spring 2015 are:
|May 11, 2013||Fall 2012, Spring 2013 and Summer 2013 graduates|
|May 10, 2014||Fall 2013, Spring 2014 and Summer 2014 graduates|
|May 9, 2015||Fall 2014, Spring 2015 and Summer 2015 graduates|
Students graduate in the term in which all graduation requirements are completed whether or not a graduation ceremony is scheduled that term.
AWARDING OF CERTIFICATES AND ASSOCIATE DEGREES
Upon successful completion of a specified program, the student will receive a certificate or an associate degree and will be issued a diploma signifying their completion. However, an official academic transcript issued by the Office of the Registrar is the only official document certifying a student’s completion of a program.
POSTING OF CERTIFICATE/DEGREE
A student’s conferred certificate or degree will be officially recorded on the student’s academic transcript at the end of the term during which all graduation requirements are completed and grades have been submitted to the Office of the Registrar. Normal processing time is 6-7 weeks from the end of the term.