Employment Opportunites - Full-Time Dental Assisting Instructor-Allied Health Sciences/Dental Assisting
Full-Time Dental Assisting Instructor-Allied Health Sciences/Dental Assisting
Date Opened: 2019-07-11
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position instructs students toward professional dental assisting in dental health care.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepares and presents classroom lectures and implements techniques to facilitate student active learning; prepares and grades tests and student outcome assessments; participates in program and curriculum development.
• Conducts one-to-one clinical supervision of students in skill labs and dental care agencies; assesses clients for student clinical assignments; coordinates with community dental care agencies to facilitate student clinical experiences.
• Provides student counseling and advising on topics including registration, degree audits, individual tutoring, referrals and student problem behavior.
• Conducts ongoing research to maintain currency in dental care delivery systems, practices, treatments, drugs, technology, etc.; participates on assigned committees and in professional development workshops and conferences.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Adult learning theory, curriculum development and classroom presentation techniques.
• Counseling and advising methods and techniques
• Research methodology and information resources related to dental practices and health care delivery
• Knowledge of basic supervisory and coaching principles and practices
• Ability to supervise students in clinical settings
• Ability to prepare and present classroom lectures
• Proficient in the use of standard office equipment, including personal computer and standard office software
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and visual inspection.
• Exposure to hazardous materials/chemicals in skills lab and clinical settings, and/or infectious diseases in community health settings.
• Exposure to bloodborne pathogens (minimal)
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Bachelor’s Degree is required.
• One to three years of dental assisting experience is required.
• Certified Dental Assistant; and Licensed as a Dental Assistant in the State of New Mexico is required.
Luna Community College
Sandra Rivera, Human Resources Administrator
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment