Employment Opportunities - Temporary Part-Time Nursing Tutors
Temporary Part-Time Nursing Tutors
Date Opened: 2022-08-04
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Nursing Tutor coordinates and oversees the tutoring activities related to the tutoring center in the designated subject area assigned by the Nursing Director. The Nursing Tutor will provide an academic tutoring service to a wide variety of individuals and groups.
Essential Job Functions
• Identifies tutoring needs for the assigned student in the subject area authorized to tutor.
• Provides tutoring reports back to the Nursing Director.
• Follows all policies and procedures for the tutoring program, including policies and procedures for the academic areas, tutors and students.
• Establishes and maintains office hours in the Tutor Lab with the approval of the Lab Coordinator
• Identifies tutoring needs of students.
• Provides tutoring services and lab assistance to all students in their assigned course(s).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge in assigned courses
• Knowledge of program development, administration, and evaluation
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to use standard office equipment and office software
• Knowledge of campus resources
• Knowledge of computer tutoring methods
• Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques
• Knowledge of learning styles and study strategies
• Knowledge of tutorial/learning materials and instructional aids
• Knowledge of peer tutoring processes and methods
• Skill in working with students individually and in groups
• Skill in the use of standard office equipment, including personal computer and standard office software
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move
objects, including the human body. Sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a
computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• High School Diploma with at least two completed semesters at a post-secondary institution required.
• Proficiency in subject area(s) required
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment