Employment Opportunities - Temporary Part-Time Welding Student Lab Assistant-Hourly-Main Campus
Temporary Part-Time Welding Student Lab Assistant-Hourly-Main Campus
Date Opened: 2022-01-21
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position assists the instructor toward practice/employment in a designed field of career and technical education studies.
Essential Job Functions
• Assists with laboratory work.
• Implements techniques to facilitate student active learning.
• Operates equipment and performs work related to designated field(s) in Career and Technical Education.
• Participates in student recruitment, retention efforts.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge and experience in operating basic welding equipment
• Ability to assist students in the laboratory settings
• Ability to assist with laboratory work
• Proficient in the use of standard office equipment and applications including Microsoft Office Suite.
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker stands at least 70 percent of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker may be required to work evenings and/or weekends.
• The worker may be exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• AWS certification using (SMAW) is required.
• Two complete semester of welding coursework is required.
• OSHA 10 certification within 90 days from date of hire is required.
• Recommendation by a CTE faculty member is required.
• Current student at Luna Community College is required.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment