Employment Opportunities - Assistant Director, Nursing
Assistant Director, Nursing
Date Opened: 2023-03-13
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position is under limited supervision, assists in overseeing and directing all activities and staff of the nursing program; and participates in a collaborative capacity in institutional activities. In the absence of the Director of Nursing, assumes full responsibilities and duties of the Nursing Department.
Essential Job Functions
• Assists the Director of Nursing to determine and oversee short- and long-term direction and activities for the nursing program.
• Assists in planning and preparing program budgets, financial and related reports and funding proposals and represents the institution at State and other external forums.
• Assists in providing support for faculty in meeting program outcomes in curriculum, assessment, classroom instruction, evaluation, syllabi preparation, clinical collaboration and scheduling, and department
• Participates in professional development planning activities.
• Assists with student recruitment and retention efforts related to the nursing program, including, advising prospective students, planning and conducting student orientation, and contributing to the student
success plan for retention.
• Prepares and presents classroom instruction and implements techniques to facilitate student active learning.
• Prepares and grades tests and student papers; advises and tutors students.
• Assists with institutional, professional and other internal committee activities.
• Establishes and maintains external professional contacts and relationships.
• Maintains currency in health care delivery systems, practices, treatments, drugs, technology, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of budget development and administration.
• Knowledge of adult learning theory, curriculum development and classroom presentation techniques.
• Knowledge of counseling and advising methods and techniques.
• Knowledge of research methodology and information resources related to nursing practices and health care delivery.
• Knowledge of supervisory and coaching principles and practices.
• Skill in program development, administration and evaluation.
• Skill in the delivery of nursing care and services.
• Skill in supervising students in clinical settings.
• Skill in preparing and presenting classroom lectures.
• Skill in the use of standard office equipment, including personal computer and standard office software.
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Master of Science degree in Nursing is required.
• Two years of clinical experience is required.
• Current unencumbered RN license in the state of New Mexico or compact state is required.
• Current CPR for healthcare professional is required.•
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2503
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment