Employment Opportunities - Full-Time Executive Administrative Assistant-President
Full-Time Executive Administrative Assistant-President
Date Opened: 2021-12-07
Closing Date: Until Filled
PAY GRADE: 42
This position performs a wide variety of complex and confidential support and budgetary assistance for the President and for the Board of Trustees of Luna Community College (LCC).
Essential Job Functions
• Prepares all correspondence from the Board and all correspondence resulting from Board action.
• Prepares all travel for the President and the Board of Trustees
• As directed by the President, prepares all agendas, takes meeting minutes, facilitates BOT meetings and prepares all meeting minutes for approval for any meetings with the Board and/or the President.
• Reviews incoming correspondence, drafts responses for President and prepares all correspondence from the President.
• As delegated by the President, collects data, performs analytic and query work, compiles reports based on data, prepares regular reports on a timely basis and prepares special reports and proposals as needed.
• As directed by the President, manages budgets assigned to the Office of the President, including but not limited to creating RPs, managing receipt of purchases and providing President with up-to-date information regarding each account.
• Maintains contract agreements and MOU files.
• Manages the President’s calendar and provides President with daily and weekly schedules, and advises President of any updates as soon as possible. Responds to and sends out meeting requests and ensures schedules are kept up-to-date and accurate. Resolves meeting conflicts and handles reschedules to accommodate more urgent, time-sensitive requests.
• Answers incoming calls and forwards them as appropriate.
• Coordinates with other staff in the Administrative suite to greet visitors and to maintain office coverage, office supplies and office maintenance.
• Maintains administrative files.
• Maintains confidential issues as part of the President’s employee correspondence role.
• Supervises the Information Representative.
• Creates and maintains lists of files and databases to enhance efficiency and productivity
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge in principles and practices of office administration
• Proficient in the use of office equipment and various computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficient in oral and written communication
• Ability to compose memos and letters
• Ability to work independently, exercise judgement, and maintain confidentiality
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to transcribe and take notes
• Skill in employee supervision
• Strong organizational skills
• Detail oriented
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Associates degree is required
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred.
• At least 5 years of administrative experience is required.
• Administrative experience in higher education is preferred
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment