Employment Opportunites - Adjunct-Allied Health CNA Instructor
Adjunct-Allied Health CNA Instructor
Date Opened: 2018-02-15
Closing Date: Until Filled
Salary: $650 per credit hour
Under limited supervision, instructs students toward practice/employment in a designed field of Nursing Assistant Training.
Essential Job Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act may include, but are not limited to the following characteristics, duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and other characteristics.
This list of characteristic duties and responsibilities is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities and duties performed by positions in this class. At the discretion of the immediate supervisor, other job-related duties may be assigned as necessary.
Prepares and presents course descriptions, lesson plans, classroom lectures, and laboratory work; implements techniques to facilitate student active learning; prepares and grades tests and quizzes; develops handouts and other learning aids; participates in program and curriculum development and outcome assessments; participates in the recommendation of tutor assistance.
Provides one-to-one student supervision and/or counseling, advising and tutoring; analyzes and documents student progress; coordinates and schedules student tutors as appropriate; participates in student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
Conducts ongoing research to maintain currency in designated field(s) of Allied Health/Nursing Assistant Training, establishes and maintains linkages with appropriate industry; participates on assigned committees and in professional development workshops and conferences.
Other Duties as assigned: I.E. (Board Meetings, Committees, Trainings, and Interviews)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of adult learning theory, curriculum development, and classroom, laboratory, and field presentation techniques.
- Knowledge of counseling and advising methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of research methodology and information resources related to designated field(s) of Allied Health and Nursing.
- Knowledge of basic supervisory and coaching principles and practices.
- Skill in operating equipment and performing work related to designated field(s) of Allied Health and Nursing Assistant Training.
- Skill in supervising students in work experience settings.
- Skill in preparing and presenting classroom lectures and laboratory work.
- Skill in the use of standard office equipment, including personal computers and standard office software.
Education, Experience and Licenses
As Per New Mexico Department of Health Requirements:
Must be a Registered Nurse with 2 years practical experience.
Must have a valid New Mexico Driver’s License.
Teaching experience in Higher Learning preferred but not required.
Luna Community College
Sandra Rivera, Human Resources Administrator
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment