Employment Opportunities - Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) Tutor/Peer Mentor
Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) Tutor/Peer Mentor
Date Opened: 2023-08-16
Closing Date: Until Filled
$15.00 per hour
The Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) Tutor/Peer Mentor coordinates and oversees the tutoring activities in the designated subject area. The Tutor will provide an academic tutoring service to a wide variety of individuals and groups via online and/or face to face.
Essential Job Functions
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Identifies tutoring needs for the assigned student in the subject area authorized to tutor.
• Provides timesheets and tutoring reports back to the ACE/Veteran Benefits Coordinator.
• Follows all policies and procedures for the tutoring program, including policies and procedures for the academic areas, tutors and students.
• Establishes and maintains office hours in the Academic Center for Excellence with the approval of the ACE/Veteran Benefits Coordinator.
• Identifies tutoring needs of students.
• Provides tutoring services and lab assistance to all students in their assigned course(s).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge in assigned courses
• Knowledge of online delivery of specific educational content
• Knowledge of program development, administration, and evaluation
• Knowledge in online/virtual classrooms (Blackboard, Google classroom, Google meet, Hangouts etc.)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to use standard office equipment and office software
• Knowledge of campus resources
• Knowledge of computer tutoring methods
• Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques
• Knowledge of learning styles and study strategies
• Knowledge of tutorial/learning materials and instructional aids
• Knowledge of peer tutoring processes and methods
• Skill in working with students individually and in groups
• Skill in the use of standard office equipment, including personal computer and standard office software
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• High School Diploma is required.
• Proficiency in subject area(s) is required
• Current LCC student or at least one completed semester at LCC is preferred.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2503
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment