Employment Opportunities - Special Projects Support Specialist
Special Projects Support Specialist
Date Opened: 2023-08-23
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position is responsible for providing coordination and clerical support to special projects as assigned by the VP.
Essential Job Functions
• Provides departmental budget bookkeeping.
• Manages procurement, including completing Requisitions for Purchase (RPs), submitting invoices, receiving reports and getting quotes.
• Provides phone, text and email support for project administrators when they are in the field.
• Prepares reports, proposals and presentations.
• Coordinates special events, lodging and food as needed.
• Maintains participant records and conducts data analysis of special projects.
• Provides support for public relations and marketing, as related to special projects. Creates and/or distributes promotional fliers and related
• Recruits and advises student participants.
• Serves as a resource person for all employees at the College for special projects inquiries.
• Completes off-site assignments as directed by the VP.
• Supports and contributes to LCC’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• General office support practices and procedures
• Proficient with Word and Excel.
• Records processing and maintenance procedures and systems
• Proficient in English composition, grammar and punctuation and composing letters and preparing reports
• Filing/records systems
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions and procedures
• Ability to operate typical office equipment, including personal computer and standard office computer programs
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move
objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a
computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Bachelor’s degree in any field and six months of experience or a combination of education and experience (i.e., Associates degree and five to seven
years’ experience) is required.
• Complete and pass an Excel and Word test is required.
• A valid NM Driver’s License is required.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2503
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment