Employment Opportunities - Wildfire Resiliency Training Center Director
Wildfire Resiliency Training Center Director
Date Opened: 2023-07-24
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position is a grant funded position, responsible for the development, leadership and management of the Luna Community College Wildfire Resiliency Training Center. The position is responsible for budgets, grant reporting, personnel, program evaluation and program development.
Essential Job Functions
• Defines and oversees short- and long-term direction and activities for the Center.
• Oversees the Center’s instructional programs, including curriculum development and maintenance, instruction and evaluation, faculty qualifications
and development, and syllabus preparation.
• Oversees the Center’s recruiting efforts and works with the college Admissions and Recruitment Department to coordinate outreach events.
• Works with other college departments to develop and implement a laboratory modernization plan.
• Coordinates with other institutional departments to provide student success services specific to the needs of the Center’s students.
• Implements professional development that reflects culturally sensitive and active learning practices for all Center personnel and other college
• Supervises staff and full- and part- time faculty members.
• Participates in faculty and staff mentoring and evaluation.
• Conducts budget management and development.
• Prepares institutional, grant and other external reports.
• Develops and oversees internship and work-based learning programs.
• Builds and maintains strong community and other stakeholder relationships.
• Collaborates with other college leaders to support strategic goals.
• Collaborates with Grants Office to secure additional funding for Center.
• Insures Center remains in compliance with required policies and practices.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Business-level skills in writing and oral communication
• Sound Judgment
• Strong Leadership Skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sits
approximately 75% of time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a
computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection,
• The worker is not frequently exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Master’s degree in an environmental science or land management field, including but not limited to
Environmental Science, Forestry, Rangeland Management, Natural Resource Management, Fire
Suppression, Botany, Biology, Hydrology, Wildlife Conservation, Recreational Resource
Management, Sustainability, or related field or a combination of education and experience is
• Three years’ experience in a related field inclusive of leadership experience is required.
• Academic administration, personnel management, activity implementation and/or project management experience is preferred.
• Teaching experience is preferred.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2503
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment