Employment Opportunities - Full-Time Head Baseball Coach
Full-Time Head Baseball Coach
Date Opened: 2022-08-01
Closing Date: Until Filled
PAY GRADE: 36
This position provides leadership under NJCAA operating bylaws and regulations. The position also directs and coordinates all aspects of the development, management, and operation of Luna Community College’s (LCC) baseball program as per NJCAA rules and regulations.
Essential Job Functions
• Coordinates and collaborates all recruitment activities to include recruitment plan, recruitment activities, and website development via the IT Department. Prepares a recruitment plan that coordinates and collaborates with the LCC A&R Department strategies to recruit student-athletes primarily in New Mexico in accordance with NJCAA regulations.
• Develops all goals and objectives, training strategies, and player behavior on or off the baseball field. Directs the strategies for the LCC Baseball Program for success as stated in annual strategic plan.
• Oversees baseball proposals and processes procurement for supplies and equipment.
• Plans events and coordinates publicity with LCC’s Head Softball Coach and manages equipment and facilities.
• Ensures that the baseball program is complying with National Junior College Athletic Association and the appropriate conference rules, regulations and policies.
• Organizes, prepares, and conducts individual and team practices, training and competition.
• Represents the baseball program to various institutional programs and externally to media, governmental agencies, students, parents, and the general public.
• Manages the daily operations of the financial operations and coordinates all administration facets of the baseball program.
• Coordinates all transportation, meals, and lodging for the team.
• Supervises the Assistant Baseball Coach.
• Provides documentation to upper Administration as needed.
• Maintains an environment of academic instruction.
• Supports students with academic retention and completion of certificates and/or degrees.
• Assists in preparing student athletes with academic and athletic skills essential in the transition to four year colleges.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge in the development of Community College athletic programs
• Management and team building concepts
• Procurement and monitoring and development of a financial budget
• Knowledge in NJCAA rules and regulations
• Weight and diet training concepts
• Skills in field maintenance
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Physical activities: climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, repetitive motions, and hearing are required.
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned
• The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology, Sports Management or related field is required.
• At least three years of coaching, field maintenance, and team development experience at the high school or community college level is required.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment