Employment Opportunites - Full-Time Custodian 1
Full-Time Custodian 1
Date Opened: 2021-01-15
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position conducts custodial maintenance at the various facilities at Luna Community College.
Essential Job Functions
• Performs all aspects of custodial work to include a variety of cleaning tasks, including trash removal, recycling removal, sweeps and mops floors, vacuums, shampoos rugs, carpets, washes windows, window coverings, cleaning of bathrooms, mirrors, toilets, floors, urinals, counter tops, desks, polishing of brass, chrome, furniture, stripping of floors, sands surfaces for refinishing, waxing, and buffing of floors.
• Conducts sanitation of bathrooms, drinking fountains, and fixtures; ensures specified sanitary standards are maintained on a daily basis, restocks restroom supplies.
• Operates power equipment and tools, and uses chemical/cleaning agents in compliance with established safety policies and procedures; maintains custodial equipment in proper, sanitary, working, condition.
• Conducts daily inspections of designated work areas to include necessary maintenance and cleanliness standards.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of safety for both interior maintenance and exterior maintenance as required.
• Knowledge of basic maintenance, for both interior and exterior maintenance operations
• Knowledge of safety equipment required for both internal and external custodial operations
• Ability to operate a variety of cleaning/building maintenance equipment, including power scrubbers, strippers, sweepers, and vacuum cleaners
• Proficiency communicating orally and in writing
• Ability to understand oral and written instructions and communicating instructions to others
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Physical activities: Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, and lifting are daily activities of this job.
• Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operates machines, such as lathes, drill presses, power saws, and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performs mechanical or skilled trade tasks of a non-repetitive nature.
• The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside; subjected to extreme cold (below 32) for periods of more than one hour. Also, worker is exposed to extreme heat (above 90) for periods of more than one hour.
• The worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
• The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) is required.
• Six months to one year of facilities maintenance experience is preferred.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment