Employment Opportunities - Full-Time Cashier
Date Opened: 2022-06-14
Closing Date: Until Filled
PAY GRADE: 28
This position maintains accounting records and prepares assigned financial reports.
Essential Job Functions
• Performs general reception duties, assisting students, staff, and faculty to resolve financial questions.
• Serves as a backup for Accounts Receivable A/R; cross training with A/Receivable to fill in the A/R position as needed
• Assists Accounts Receivable with student files.
• Responsible for Reviewing student accounts, clearing students during registration and maintaining student information.
• Provides support to Controller and the work unit and is responsible for various month end financial reports.
• Reviews, checks and verifies financial documents and reports such as invoices, vouchers, receipts and requisitions for mathematical accuracy, consistency, propriety and confirms entire process has been completed
• Prepares Requisitions for Purchase.
• Verifies accuracy of accounting codes including Financial Aid Disbursements.
• Collects and records all payments.
• Prepares and records daily deposits.
• Maintains records for cash receipts.
• Responsible for manually counting currency.
• Reconciles petty cash accounts.
• Manages supplies inventory for the Fiscal and Finance Offices. Multitasking while providing customer services is required for this position.
• Serves as cashier at various college functions.
• Creates students and employee identification cards.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to learn basic accounting principles, methods and procedures
• Ability to provide excellent customer service, always being courteous and helpful to customers
• Familiarity with various computer software, including word processing and spreadsheet applications
• Aspiration to learn data base programs
• Ability to identify and resolve business transaction issues
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to manage stress associated with customer demands
• Good written and oral communication skills
Work Environment and Physical Factors
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is required to frequently stand or sit for extended periods of time.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• High school diploma or GED certification is required.
• Customer service experience is preferred.
• Cashier experience is preferred.
• Data entry of financial information is preferred
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment