Employment Opportunities - Full-Time Rough Rider Community Manager
Full-Time Rough Rider Community Manager
Date Opened: 2021-12-17
Closing Date: Until Filled
PAY GRADE: 49
This position is a twelve-month position responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Rough Rider Community, including all community education, dual credit, correctional facility and satellite/site functions. This position provides support and supervision to staff, faculty, and students participating in the Rough Rider Community.
Essential Job Functions
• Develops and implements strategic communications, public relations, and branding campaigns that increase public awareness and support for Rough Rider Community.
• Creates the Rough Rider Community schedule, special promotional flyers and manages social media marketing for Rough Rider Community, all in coordination with the main campus Public Relations office.
• Assigns appropriate space for Rough Rider Community courses, as well as the day(s) and time(s) the course(s) will be offered.
• Ensures that all instructors adhere to all federal and state non-discrimination laws and practices.
• Provides appropriate logos to instructors as needed.
• Works with Directors to approve all lab instructors and initiates contact between Directors and instructors who want to create credit-for-prior-learning-opportunities in their classes.
• Maintains enrollment records and provides rosters to Rough Rider Community instructors.
• Monitors and prepares budgets, budget adjustment requests financial and related reports and funding proposals for all Rough Rider Community accounts.
• Provides support for all Rough Rider Community faculty and staff, including Satellite/Site staff, Satellite/Site Faculty, and Dual Credit Faculty. Serves as the contact and provides connections as needed between all Rough Rider Community constituents and other college offices, including but not limited to the Academic and Career Planning Department, Admissions Office, Bookstore, IT, Financial Assistance, Fiscal Office, Registrar, Security and the Warehouse.
• Serves as the contact and provides connections as needed between all Rough Rider Community constituents and other college offices, including but not limited to Career and Academic and Career Planning Center, Admissions Office, Bookstore, Computer Center, IT, Financial Assistance, Fiscal Office, Registrar, Security and the Warehouse. Provides supervision for Satellite/Site staff.
• Works closely with High School administrators, counselors, and staff providing
assistance, to Dual-Credit students and promoting Dual Credit class offerings.
• Initiates and administers student recruitment and retention efforts, including program development, advising and scheduling prospective students.
• Participates in institutional, professional and other internal committee activities.
• Establishes and maintains external professional contacts and relationships.
• Maintains currency in supervision, dual credit education, non-credit education, satellite program activities and other areas of responsibility.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of budget development and fiscal management
• Knowledge of basic supervisory practices
• Knowledge of the community, employment opportunities and educational and training needs
• Knowledge of program development, administration and evaluation
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications
• Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with staff, faculty, students and the public
• Ability to plan and execute social media marketin
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Bachelor’s Degree in is required.
• Three years’ experience in coordinating multiple functions and/or programs, including 2 years of supervisory experience is required.
• Experience in marketing or sales is preferred.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment