Employment Opportunities - Early Childhood Teacher 3
Early Childhood Teacher 3
Date Opened: 2023-10-20
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position plans and implements the classroom environment and experiences for young children, including safety and developmentally appropriate activities in accordance with the New Mexico Early Learning Guidelines, CYFD regulations, and meets New Mexico FOCUS requirements in early childhood practices. This position is also responsible for obtaining necessary training or preschool licensure as per New Mexico FOCUS and/or CYFD.
Essential Job Functions
• Plans and implements a developmentally appropriate classroom environment and learning activities in accordance with NM Early Learning
• Complies with Luna Community College’s Preschool policies and procedures.
• Performs all job-related duties and responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner (Luna Community College code of Ethics and National
Association for the Education of Young Children Code of Ethical Conduct and Stated Commitment (NAEYC).
• Ensures compliance with relevant Federal, State, and local laws and licensing and FOCUS standards where applicable.
• Supervises preschool teachers and childcare workers.
• Hires and trains new staff members.
• Provides training and professional development opportunities for staff.
• Establishes policies and communicate them to staff and parents.
• Develops educational programs and sets educational standards.
• Meets with parents and staff to discuss students’ progress.
• Ensures facilities are maintained and cleaned according to state regulations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
• Ability to supervise and train employees
• Knowledge of child development theory and practice
• Knowledge of childcare facility services and/or staff licensure and certification requirements
• Knowledge of child cognitive, social, and skills development methods and techniques and age specific activities and nutritional requirements
• Knowledge of New Mexico Early Learning Guidelines to be used in lesson planning
• Skill in English composition, grammar and punctuation; strong command for oral and written communication
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Associates Degree in Early Childhood or closely related field is required.
• Three to five years of experience working directly with young children is required.
• CPR/First Aid certified is required.
• Must pass CYFD Background Clearance FOCUS 5 STAR Certifications and Licensures or working towards completion.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2503
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment