Employment Opportunites - Full-Time Assistant Softball Coach
Full-Time Assistant Softball Coach
Date Opened: 2019-06-12
Closing Date: Until Filled
The position assists the Head Softball Coach in the development, management, and operation of Luna Community College’s softball program, as per NJCAA rules and regulations.
Essential Job Functions
• Assists with organizing, preparing, and conducting team practices; oversees drills, provides group and one-on-one instruction during training and competition.
• Assists with preparing a recruitment plan that coordinates and collaborates with the Luna Community College (LCC) A&R Department strategies to recruit the best suitable student athletes.
• Attends recruiting events.
• Assist with coordinating all transportation, meals and lodging for the team.
• Assists in the overseeing of warm-up, stretching, weight training, speed & agility, and arm training programs.
• Assists with student-athlete academic progress; supervise study halls and academic progress reports.
• Compiles, distributes, reports and maintains all statistical information for teams and individual student athletes.
• Organizes camps, clinics, and workshops related to their sport.
• Coordinates all field maintenance activities with LCC Staff to ensure proper and safe field conditions at all practices, games and events.
• Rakes, sweeps, and pick up clippings, paper, and trash from athletic fields.
• Prepares the fields which will include dragging the infield, chalking the field according to specified dimensions, watering infield, and setting bases.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations a plus
• Knowledge of FERPA rules and regulations a plus
• Skills in weight and diet training concepts
• Skills in field maintenance
• Ability to adhere to required office hours
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Physical activities: Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, repetitive motions, and hearing are required.
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned
• The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) is required.
• At least three years of coaching, field maintenance, team development experience at the high school or community college level or a combination of education and experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management, Kinesiology, or a related field is preferred.
Luna Community College
Sandra Rivera, Human Resources Administrator
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment