Employment Opportunities - Full-Time Student Retention Specialist-Nursing
Full-Time Student Retention Specialist-Nursing
Date Opened: 2022-08-01
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position supports student success, retention, and progression to graduation.
Essential Job Functions
• Provides individualized support to students based on identified risk factors.
• Utilizes assessment tools to help students understand their learning styles, attitudes, and personality in order to achieve success through building on skills; develops relationships that foster developmental conversations; motivates students to achieve educational goals.
• Provides for student retention and counseling which includes proactive support of at-risk students to include frequent monitoring, enrichment sessions, and identifying measures to promote success; implements remediation policies as advised by faculty; works with students throughout remediation process.
• Monitors and records progress of individual students; maintains consistent and confidential records of individual student data. Coordinates ongoing communication concerning the student’s academic program and the student’s progress towards achieving goals and reports pertinent data to the Director of Nursing on a regular basis.
• Uses computer software, spreadsheet applications, and other technology for updating and documenting program and student success.
• Collaborates with faculty to audit classes and participate with students in order to be informed of areas student need support.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of tutoring methods and techniques
• Ability to work with students in a group or individual basis
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, students, and public
• Good oral and written communication
• Proficient in the use of computers software, including MS Office Suite and web related technology related to student learning
• Knowledge of student development and resources to promote student success
• Ability to identify students’ needs for support services in order to make appropriate referrals
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing is required.
• Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of New Mexico is required.
• One to three years of clinical nursing experience is required.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment