Employment Opportunites - Adjunct -Allied Health Sciences-Medical Terminology
Adjunct -Allied Health Sciences-Medical Terminology
Date Opened: 2019-07-24
Closing Date: Until Filled
Salary: $650 per credit hour
This position instruct students toward practice employment in a designed field of Health Care Information.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepares current course syllabi for course taught.
• Prepares and presents classroom and/or online lectures, laboratory activities, and implements techniques to facilitate student active learning; prepares and grades tests and student outcome assessments; participates in program and curriculum development.
• Conducts supervision of students in skill-based laboratory settings.
• Provides one-on-one student guidance and advisement on topics including regular degree audits, individual tutoring referrals, and completion goals.
• Assists in planning and implementation of student recruitment, retention, and placement efforts.
• Conducts ongoing inquiry to maintain currency in health science education practices; participates on assigned committees and in professional development workshops and conferences.
• Collaborates with other faculty and instructors to create and maintain a supportive and balanced system of academic instruction to ensure program goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Adult learning theory, curriculum development and classroom, laboratory and field presentation techniques
• Advising methods and techniques
• Research methodology and information resources related to designated field(s) Allied Health Sciences
• Knowledge of basic supervisory and coaching principles and practices
• Skill in operating equipment and performing work related to designated field(s) of Allied Health Sciences.
• Ability to supervise students in work experience settings
• Ability to prepare and present classroom lectures and laboratory work
• Proficient in the use of standard office equipment and applications including Microsoft Office Suite
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Associates degree in a health care field or related field is required:
• A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a health related field is required .
• Teaching experience is preferred.
Luna Community College
Sandra Rivera, Human Resources Administrator
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment