Employment Opportunites - Full-Time General Maintenance 2-Internally only
Full-Time General Maintenance 2-Internally only
Date Opened: 2021-04-06
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position is responsible for performing grounds keeping and building maintenance throughout the college. This position requires the incumbent to be OSHA certified.
Essential Job Functions
• Provides grounds keeping and building maintenance throughout the college.
• Performs routine maintenance duties such as applying plaster and fixing furniture.
• Performs minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in grounds keeping.
• Performs maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in grounds keeping.
• Performs maintenance on heating and cooling units such as replacing filters and cleaning coils.
• Performs minor plumbing and minor carpentry work.
• Installs and repairs door hardware and makes duplicate keys.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to use heavy grounds maintenance equipment
• Knowledge of, and ability to use chemicals
• Basic carpentry desired
• Basic plumbing experience desired
• Ability to follow instructions
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledgeable of safety rules
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Physical activities: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, pushing, pulling, walking, and lifting are daily activities of the job.
• Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operates machines, such as lathes, drill presses, power saws, and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performs mechanical or skilled trade tasks of a non-repetitive nature.
• The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside; subjected to extreme cold (below 32) for periods of more than one hour. Also, worker is exposed to extreme heat (above 90) for periods of more than one hour.
• The worker is subject to noise that may cause the worker to shout in order to be heard.
• The worker is subject to vibration.
• The worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
• The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) is required.
• One to three years of ground and facilities maintenance experience is required.
• OSHA certification is required.
• Heavy Equipment Operator Certification, Welding Certification, Backflow Prevention License, etc. are desirable.
• New Mexico Driver License is required.
Luna Community College
Sandra Rivera, Human Resources Administrator
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment