Employment Opportunities - Full-Time LCC Foundation Manager
Full-Time LCC Foundation Manager
Date Opened: 2022-08-01
Closing Date: Until Filled
PAY GRADE: 49
This position is responsible for leading a comprehensive fundraising program in support of the Foundation’s mission, including annual giving, major giving, planned giving, corporate and foundation giving, and fundraising events. This position is responsible for building greater awareness, visibility, and understanding of Luna Community College and the Foundation, and build relationships with the extended community in order to establish an alumni base, expand the donor base, and increase Luna’s brand. The position is an ex-officio, non-voting member of the Foundation Board of Directors and oversees all of the Foundation’s programs, activities, and services and community relations for Luna.
Essential Job Functions
• Directs the implementation of private fundraising at LCC in coordination with the LCC Foundation Board of Directors.
• Develops and oversees campaign and solicitation strategy for the Foundation Board, including the development and assessment of annual revenue goals.
• Responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual major donors to the LCC Foundation.
• Develops and monitors the Foundation’s budget and financial plans; authorizes and approves Foundation expenditures in coordination with the LCC Foundation Board of Directors.
• Manages the annual external audit process and works with Foundation Board and investment firm to ensure the most lucrative investment plan.
• Oversees the Foundation’s scholarship and grant programs, ensuring they are in accordance with the Foundation mission.
• Manages the operations of the LCC Foundation, including fundraising support operations such as database management; prospect research and management; donor acknowledgement and communication; and establishment and management of fund agreements.
• Develops and cultivates an LCC alumni program in coordination with the LCC Foundation Board of Directors.
• Participates on assigned committees if requested.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communication skills–interpersonal, written, and verbal
• Knowledge of the community college system
• Knowledge of the community college system.
• Proficient in the use of office equipment and various computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to compose memos and letters
• Ability to work independently, exercise judgement, and maintain confidentiality
• Ability to multitask and transcribe and take notes
• Strong organizational skills
• Must be detail oriented
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker stands at least 50 percent of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker may be required to work evenings and/or weekends.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, management, education or related field is required or a combination of education and experience.
• Three years demonstrated experience in public relations, Development and/or non-profit organizations is required.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment