Employment Opportunites - Adjunct-Allied Health Sciences-Medical Billing and Coding
Adjunct-Allied Health Sciences-Medical Billing and Coding
Date Opened: 2018-06-26
Closing Date: Until Filled
Salary: $650 per credit hour
This position instruct students toward practice employment in a designed field of Health Care Information.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares and presents classroom and/or online lectures, laboratory activities, and implements techniques to facilitate student active learning; prepares and grades tests and student outcome assessments; participates in program and curriculum development.
- Conducts supervision of students in skill-based laboratory settings.
- Provides one-on-one student guidance and advisement on topics including regular degree audits, individual tutoring referrals, and completion goals.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of student recruitment, retention, and placement efforts.
- Conducts ongoing inquiry to maintain currency in science education practices; participates on assigned committees and in professional development workshops and conferences.
- Collaborates with other faculty and instructors to create and maintain a supportive and balanced system of academic instruction to ensure program goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Adult learning theory, curriculum development, and classroom, laboratory and field presentation techniques
- Advising methods and techniques
- Research methodology and information resources related to designated field(s) Allied Health Sciences
- Knowledge of basic supervisory and coaching principles and practices
- Skill in operating equipment and performing work related to designated field(s) of Allied Health Sciences.
- Ability to supervise students in work experience settings
- Ability to prepare and present classroom lectures and laboratory work
- Proficient in the use of standard office equipment and applications including Microsoft Office Suite
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
Associates Degree with one or more of the following certifications required:
- CCA – Certified Coding Associate
- CCS - Certified Coding Specialist
- CPC – Certified Professional Coder
- CCSP – Certified Coding Specialist – Physician Based
- RHIT – Registered Health Information Technician
- RHIA – Registered Health Information Administrator
- CBCS – Certified Billing and Coding Specialist
Five years in the field of Health Care Information Technology and proficient in the use of Medisoft medical billing software or comparable billing software required.
Luna Community College
Sandra Rivera, Human Resources Administrator
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment