Employment Opportunites - Adjunct-CDL Instructor
Date Opened: 2017-12-15
Closing Date: Until Filled
Salary: $650 per credit hour
Under limited supervision, instructs students toward practice/employment in a designated field in vocational studies.
Essential Job Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act may include, but are not limited to the following characteristics, duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and other characteristics.
At the discretion of the immediate supervisor, other job-related duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Prepares and presents course descriptions, lesson plans, classroom lectures, and laboratory work; implements techniques to facilitate student active learning; prepares and grades tests and quizzes; develops handouts and other learning aids; participates in program and curriculum development and outcome assessments; participates in hiring and scheduling part-time instructors as assigned.
- Provides one-to-one student supervision and/or counseling, advising and tutoring; analyzes and documents student progress; coordinates and schedules student tutors as appropriate; participates in student recruitment, retention and placement efforts. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of adult learning theory, curriculum development and classroom, laboratory and field presentation techniques.
- Knowledge of counseling and advising methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of research methodology and information resources related to designated field(s) in vocational studies.
- Knowledge of basic supervisory and coaching principles and practices.
- Skill in operating equipment and performing work related to designated field(s) of vocational studies.
- Skill in supervising students in work experience settings.
- Skill in preparing and presenting classroom lectures and laboratory work.
- Skill in the use of standard office equipment, including personal computers and standard office software.
Education, Experience and Licenses
Must have a valid New Mexico Driver’s License and Class A CDL and five (5) years of practicing experience in the designated field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Luna Community College
Sandra Rivera, Human Resources Administrator
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment