Employment Opportunites - Temporary Part-Time Law Enforcement Training Center Simulator Operator
Temporary Part-Time Law Enforcement Training Center Simulator Operator
Date Opened: 2021-04-13
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position is a 6-month part time position under limited supervision that will operate the simulator under limited supervision.
Essential Job Functions
• Communicates with Law Enforcement, community members, and other stakeholders.
• Continuous development of department strategic plan.
• Provides data entry/calls/documentation.
• Facilitates relationships between the student and other individuals on campus who are involved with simulator operations.
• Implements policies and procedures pertaining to VirTra
• Provides supervision to student utilizing the Simulators
• Collaborates with other employees to maintain a supportive and balanced system of academic instruction to ensure program goals and objectives
• Participates in assigned committees
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficient in Windows 10 applications
• Knowledge of firearm safety methods and techniques
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Research methodology and information resources related to Law Enforcement
• Understanding of Law Enforcement principles and practices
• Proficient in the use of standard office equipment, including computers and Microsoft Office Suite applications
• Ability to tolerate gruesome, shocking and traumatizing or disturbing simulated scenarios
• Ability to problem solve technical issues
• Ability to recognize, acknowledge and accept Law Enforcement terminology/jargon/language
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and visual inspection.
• The worker may be required to sit for long periods of time.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
• The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
• The worker may have a flexible schedule to include weekends and nights.
Education, Experience and Licenses
- Associate’s Degree with at least three (3) Credit Hours in Computer Science is required.
- One to three years of experience in criminal justice providing direct service or support is required.
Luna Community College
Sandra Rivera, Human Resources Administrator
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment