Employment Opportunites - Full-Time School of Business Instructor
Full-Time School of Business Instructor
Date Opened: 2020-01-06
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position is a 9-month full time position under limited supervision that will teach a range of appropriate courses from beginning to intermediate in the discipline of the School of Business.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepares and presents classroom lectures and/or online lectures and implements techniques to facilitate student active learning. Prepares, administers, and grades assignments, quizzes, tests and outcome assessments.
• Participates in program and curriculum development; maintaining faculty expectations for program accreditation.
• Evaluates student outcomes throughout the curriculum utilizing assessment data to improve teaching strategies within courses.
• Continuous development of department strategic plan.
• Provides one-on-one student guidance and advisement on topics including regular degree audits individual tutoring referrals and completion goals.
• Collaborates with other faculty to create and maintain a supportive and balanced system of academic instruction to ensure program goals and objectives.
• Participates in assigned committees (e.g. NM Collegiate Business Articulation Consortium, and Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)), conferences, recruitment, and activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Adult learning theory, curriculum development and classroom, computer labs and field presentation technique
• Advising methods and techniques
• Research methodology and information resources related to designated field
• Basic supervisory and coaching principles and practices
• Ability to supervise students in work experience settings
• Ability to prepare and present classroom lectures and computer lab work
• Proficient in the use of standard office equipment, including computers and Microsoft Office Suite applications
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) is required.
- Three years of teaching experience in Higher Education is required.
Luna Community College
Sandra Rivera, Human Resources Administrator
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment