Employment Opportunities - Full-Time Business-Lead Instructor
Full-Time Business-Lead Instructor
Date Opened: 2021-12-10
Closing Date: Until Filled
PAY GRADE: 38
This position is a 9-month full-time position under limited supervision that will teach 12 semester credit hours per fall and spring semester, covering a range of appropriate courses from beginning to intermediate. In conjunction with the department director, this position is responsible for program innovation, growth, recruiting, articulation and where appropriate, accreditation.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepares and presents classroom lectures and/or online lectures and implements techniques to facilitate student active learning. Prepares, administers, and grades assignments, quizzes, tests and outcome assessments.
• Participates in program and curriculum development; is responsible for proposing program improvements and innovation.
• Evaluates student outcomes throughout the curriculum utilizing assessment data to improve teaching strategies within courses.
• Participates in continuous development of a department strategic plan.
• Provides one-on-one student guidance and advisement on topics including regular degree audits individual tutoring referrals and completion goals.
• Collaborates with other faculty to create and maintain a supportive and balanced system of academic instruction to ensure program goals and objectives.
• Participates in assigned committees, conferences., and Professional Development.
• Manages all program-level accreditation activity.
• Actively recruits students into the program.
• Develops and maintains articulation agreements with other Higher Education Institutions and with K-12.
• Works in conjunction with other college departments to facilitate recruiting, student success and dual enrollment agreements at other Higher Education Institutions and K-12.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Adult learning theory, curriculum development and classroom, computer labs and field presentation techniques preferred.
• Advising methods and techniques preferred.
• Research methodology and information resources related to designated field
• Ability to supervise students is preferred.
• Ability to prepare and present material for student learning. Proficient in the use of standard office equipment, including computers and Microsoft Office Suite applications
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Master’s Degree in Business or related fields of Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Management or Economics is required.
• At least two years of teaching experience in Higher Education is preferred.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment