Employment Opportunites - Full-Time Humanities Media Arts and Film Technology Instructor
Full-Time Humanities Media Arts and Film Technology Instructor
Date Opened: 2019-07-24
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position is responsible for instructing students in required academic courses necessary for the pursuit of certificates and associates degrees in all areas of study.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepares and presents course descriptions, lesson plans, and classroom lectures, and implements techniques to facilitate student-active learning.
• Prepares and grades tests and quizzes; develops handouts and other learning aids.
• Participates in program and curriculum development and outcome assessments.
• Provides one-to-one student supervision and/or counseling, advising and tutoring.
• Analyzes and documents student progress; coordinates and schedules student tutors as appropriate.
• Participates in student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of adult-learning theory, curriculum development and classroom, laboratory, and field presentation techniques
• Knowledge of counseling and advising methods and techniques
• Knowledge of research methodology and information resources related to designated field(s) of study
• Basic supervisory and coaching principles and practices
• Proficient in operating equipment and performing work related to designated field(s) of study
• Ability to prepare and present classroom lectures and class work
• Proficient in the use of standard office equipment and applications including Microsoft Suites
• Proficient in Media Arts & Film Technology Equipment
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Master’s Degree in a field directly related to Humanities courses being taught is required.
• Two years of practicing experience in the designated field is required.
• One to three years of experience with distance education is preferred.
Luna Community College
Sandra Rivera, Human Resources Administrator
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment