Employment Opportunities - Full-Time Nursing Instructor
Full-Time Nursing Instructor
Date Opened: 2022-06-10
Closing Date: Until Filled
PAY GRADE: 38NFPR2
This position instructs students toward professional nursing practice in community health care.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepares and presents classroom lectures and implements techniques to facilitate student active learning.
• Provides clinical supervision of students in various clinical experiences and serves as a liaison to assigned clinical facilities.
• Participates in program and curriculum development; maintaining faculty expectations for program accreditation and board of nursing approval.
• Evaluates student outcomes throughout the curriculum utilizing assessment data to improve teaching strategies within courses; continuous development of department strategic plan.
• Advises and mentors nursing students for success.
• Participates in assigned committees, recruitment, and activities; collaborates with faculty within the college and other institutions to meet student needs.
• Maintains currency in the field by conducting ongoing research and participates in professional development.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Adult learning theory, curriculum development and classroom, laboratory and field presentation techniques.
• Advising methods and techniques.
• Research methodology and information resources related to designated field
• Basic supervisory and coaching principles and practices
• Ability to operate equipment and performing work related to designated field
• Ability to supervise students in work experience settings
• Ability to prepare and present classroom lectures and laboratory work
• Proficient in the use of standard office equipment, including computer and standard office software.
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and visual inspection.
• Exposure to hazardous materials/chemicals in skills lab and clinical settings, and/or infectious diseases in community health settings
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing accepted: must obtain a Masters in Nursing within 5 years of employment.
• At least two (2) years of clinical nursing experience is required.
• Master’s degree in Nursing is preferred.
• Must be Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of New Mexico.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment