Employment Opportunities - Adjunct Instructor - Chemistry
Adjunct Instructor - Chemistry
Date Opened: 2022-10-21
Closing Date: Until Filled
Salary: $650.00 per credit hour
This position instructs students in college-level Chemistry.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepares and presents course descriptions, lesson plans, classroom lectures, laboratory work and field exercises.
• Implements techniques to facilitate student active learning; prepares and grades tests and quizzes; develops handouts and other learning aids; participates in program and curriculum development and
outcome assessments; participates in scheduling part-time tutors.
• Provides one-to-one student supervision and/or counseling, advising and tutoring.
• Analyzes and documents student progress; coordinates and schedules student tutors as appropriate; participates in student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
• Maintains currency in designated field(s) of science, trades and technology.
• Establishes and maintains linkages with appropriate business and industry.
• Participates on assigned committees and in professional development workshops and conferences.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of adult learning theory, curriculum development and classroom, laboratory and field presentation techniques.
• Knowledge of counseling and advising methods and techniques; able to supervise and coach students
• Knowledge of research methodology and information resources related to designated field(s) of science, trades and technology.
• Skill in operating equipment and performing work related to Chemistry and related laboratory practices.
• Ability to prepare and present classroom lectures, laboratory work and field exercises.
• Skill in the use of standard office equipment, including personal computer and standard office software.
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, and sitting most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection.
• Exposure to hazardous materials/chemicals, tools and equipment in lab.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Masters of Science Degree in Chemistry or a closely related STEM field or a Masters degree and 18 graduate hours of Chemistry is required.
• Two years of teaching experience in a college or university setting is preferred.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2503
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment