Employment Opportunites - Adjunct Instructor-CTE-Welding-Springer
Date Opened: 2021-10-25
Closing Date: Until Filled
Salary: $650.00 per credit hour
This position instructs students toward practice/employment in a designed field of career and technical education studies.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepares and presents course descriptions, lesson plans, classroom lectures and laboratory work.
• Implements techniques to facilitate student active learning.
• Prepares and grades tests and quizzes; develops handouts and other learning aids.
• Participates in program and curriculum development and outcome assessments.
• Participates in hiring and scheduling part-time instructors as assigned.
• Provides one-to-one student supervision, advising and tutoring; analyzes and documents student progress.
• Operates equipment and performs work related to designated field(s) in Career and Technical Education.
• Coordinates and schedules student tutors as appropriate.
• Participates in student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
• Establishes and maintains linkages with appropriate business and industry.
• Participates on assigned committees if requested.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Adult learning theory, curriculum development and classroom, laboratory and field presentation techniques
• Advising methods and techniques
• Research methodology and information resources related to designated field(s) of career and technical education studies
• Knowledge of basic supervisory and coaching principles and practices
• Ability to supervise students in work experience settings
• Ability to prepare and present classroom lectures and laboratory work
• Proficient in the use of standard office equipment and applications including Microsoft Office Suite
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker stands at least 70 percent of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker may be required to work evenings and/or weekends.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• AWS certification using (SMAW) is required.
• Three (3) years of experience in Welding Technology is required.
• OSHA 10 certification within 90 days from date of hire is required.
• Teaching experience is preferred.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment