Employment Opportunites - Full-Time CDL Administrator-Internally Only
Full-Time CDL Administrator-Internally Only
Date Opened: 2021-11-03
Closing Date: Until Filled
PAY GRADE: 43
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining the CDL program and instructing students toward practice/employment in the CDL field.
Essential Job Functions
• Administers, communicates and supervises the Luna Community College (LCC) CDL program, in conjunction, permits operational and direct communication between the program administrator and the institutional administrator who are responsible for decisions that directly affect the program.
• Prepares and presents classroom lectures and implements techniques to facilitate student active learning; prepares and grades tests and student outcome assessments; participates in program and curriculum development.
• Participates in hiring and scheduling part-time instructors as assigned.
• Provides advising to students on topics including registration, degree audits, referrals and student problem behavior; and analyzes and documents student progress.
• Operates equipment and performs work related to the CDL program.
• Coordinates, evaluates and maintains student records.
• Responsible for scheduling maintenance and repairs of all CDL equipment ensuring equipment is in safe working condition.
• Participates in student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
• Establishes and maintains partnerships with appropriate community businesses, agencies and industry.
• Ensures student participation and completion of required CDL training and fulfillment of testing requirements.
• Manages program budget and program equipment and supplies.
• Manages all clerical aspects of the program including but not limited to invoicing, ordering supplies, accounts payable, filing, and answering calls.
• Participates on assigned committees and in professional development workshops and conferences.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Adult learning theory, curriculum development and classroom, laboratory and field presentation techniques
• Advising methods and techniques
• Research methodology and information resources related to designated field(s) of career and technical education studies
• Knowledge of basic supervisory and coaching principles and practices
• Ability to supervise students in work experience settings
• Ability to prepare and present the program curriculum and laboratory work
• Proficient in all aspects of commercial vehicle driving related to CDL licensing.
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker stands at least 70 percent of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker may be required to work evenings and/or weekends.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• A valid New Mexico Class A CDL Driver’s License is required.
• Two years of experience in CDL instruction is required.
• At least two (2) years of practicing experience is required.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment