Employment Opportunites - Full-Time Institutional Effectiveness and Research Director
Full-Time Institutional Effectiveness and Research Director
Date Opened: 2020-07-28
Closing Date: Until Filled
Salary: $59,000 (Re-posted 10/8/2020)
This position performs all necessary functions related to the collection, interpretation, and use of institutional data for planning, assessment, and decision making. This position also facilitates access to information maintained in the colleges administrative/student information system to support college operations and monitors key institutional indicators, ensuring the integrity of data/information released in reports or studies, and provides data analysis, reporting, or research as needed to support institutional objectives.
Essential Job Functions
• Establishes, administers, and coordinates the college’s institutional research activities including collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting information on the characteristics of the college for use in decision making.
• Works closely with appropriate college offices in grant writing and researching, and statistical data analysis that may be necessary for various projects in areas such as human resources, curricula, instruction, payroll, facilities, or finance.
• Supports accountability and institutional effectiveness by developing, implementing, assessing, evaluating and recommending change in order to create effective procedures that support college operations and foster institutional and student success.
• Prepares state, federal, college and student accountability reports according to documented requirements.
• Works with institutional committees and staff to coordinate work and provide technical assistance.
• Maintains and updates the colleges administrative/student information database(s).
• Provides technical support and training to administrative/student information system users.
• Assists in the preparation, follow-up, and reports for the college’s accreditation agency and in the college’s efforts to secure grants.
• Administers and oversees the institutional research office budget.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to gather and analyze statistical data; generate reports; and design and administer survey instruments
• Ability to apply statistical principles and processes to meet a range of information requirements
• Ability to make recommendations based on research data and findings
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
• Ability to plan, create, program, and manage statistical computer databases; and broad knowledge of database applications such as Microsoft Access and Oracle
• Ability to analyze statistical data, generate reports, and design and administer survey instruments
• Ability to prepare institutional responses to internal and external queries
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Experience with statistical and analytical survey instruments, protocol, and procedures
• Experience with large-scale data systems
• Experience with Student Information Systems
• Experience with spreadsheet, word processing, presentation and graphics applications
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Master’s degree required, terminal degree preferred.
• Two or more years of experience collecting, analyzing and interpreting data or research related work required.
• Experience using database and statistical software preferred.
Luna Community College
Sandra Rivera, Human Resources Administrator
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment