Employment Opportunites - Full-Time Academic and Career Planning Director
Full-Time Academic and Career Planning Director
Date Opened: 2021-11-03
Closing Date: Until Filled
PAY GRADE: 59
This position is responsible for the management of all non-instructional, online and face-to-face programs and is also responsible for supervision of student onboarding, academic planning, tutoring counseling, accommodations, discipline, student grievances, student transfers, and workforce placement. This position directly supports student success starting with enrollment through graduation and onto employment. This position is also responsible for providing support to the College’s Dual Credit program in partnership with high schools throughout the service region.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports efforts to increase undergraduate student recruitment, enrollment, retention, graduation, transfer, and workforce placement.
• Provides general oversight to the daily operations of the Admissions and Recruitment, College and Career Readiness, Student Success Center, and the Veteran’s Resources Center. (This is done by the Managers)
• Trains and supervises all full-time and part-time and student employees
• In partnership with the College’s Institutional Research Office, establishes a department culture of data-driven decision making to increase student success at LCC.
• Tracks, collects, and develops data reports that will inform the institution and community on student recruitment, enrollment retention, graduation, transfer, and job placement rates for all LCC students.
• Oversees recruitment and admissions activities.
• Oversees placement testing, assessment services, academic planning, transfer assistance and workforce placement.
• Conducts budget management and development.
• Supervises the preparation of appropriate retention data reports and assessment of operations related to retention, academic and career planning, workforce placement, and College and Career Readiness.
• Directs and coordinates the development of academic and career planning activities, including the training of Student Success Specialists.
• Student Success Specialists ensure that all students are aware of all avenues for transferring seamlessly to a university or the workforce.
• Provides and/or organizes professional development opportunities and materials for all Academic and Career Planning staff.
• Works closely with academic leadership to integrate procedures and processes that ensure students receive a comprehensive array of services, including tutoring.
• Maintains effective working relationships with faculty, students, staff, and external contacts.
• Represents the institution to the public, higher education constituents at State and other external forums.
• Works closely with the Director of Financial Aid to ensure all Student Success Specialists provide accurate financial aid information to students.
• Regularly reviews and updates departmental processes and procedures.
• Oversees annual production of the Academic and Career Planning Handbook, the Student Handbook, and all other documents managed by the department.
• Serves as the primary liaison between LCC, its students and alumni, and potential employers on a state, regional, and national scale.
• Oversees and develops programs that provide career planning expertise to students and alumni, including job-search processes, interview techniques, development of resume and cover letter and career exploration.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to analyze systems
• Ability to encourage cooperative efforts between departments and other areas of the College and community to support and enhance student services
• Ability to evaluate internal and external program compliance
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external constituents and students
• Ability to recruit, recommend, train and evaluate top quality staff members for the department
• Ability to represent the College on community foundations and boards
• Knowledge of best practices in personnel management and ability to provide direction, guidance and leadership towards institutional goals
• Knowledge and understanding of Federal and State regulations related to student services, including FERPA regulations
• Knowledge of budget processes and budget management practices
• Knowledge of student engagement techniques
• Knowledge of process improvement methodologies
• Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills, including the ability to utilize various conflict resolution principles
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Master’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
• At least three years of related experience in higher education is required.
• At least one year of supervisory experience is required.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment