Employment Opportunities - Full-Time Admissions Counselor-Communication
Full-Time Admissions Counselor-Communication
Date Opened: 2022-03-21
Closing Date: Until Filled
PAY GRADE: 31
In support of LCC’s enrollment, retention and graduation goals, establishes and administers programs for recruiting students to LCC academic and CTE programs. Independently represents the institution to targeted constituencies and/or territories. Develops and maintains relationships with identified partners within the institution and community. Strategizes on opportunities to enhance recruitment efforts and implements identified strategies.
Essential Job Functions
• Represents LCC to targeted constituencies; visits middle schools, high schools, and colleges; speaks to groups and individual students; meets with school counselors, administrators and/or other constituent groups to promote outreach activities and as required to assist other recruiters.
• Provides career and academic counseling, planning, and advising to potential students utilizing specific knowledge gained of the university colleges, educational programs and degrees.
• Assists with the development and maintenance of partnerships between the LCC, local school systems, alumni networks, faculty, community partners, and other identified groups throughout the assigned territory/population.
• Assists with the implementation of large, multi-departmental special events utilizing presentation and promotional materials, maintaining budgetary and operational controls, coordination skills with multiple entities and representing the LCC at local, statewide and national events.
• Prepares reports and proposals regarding recruitment and outreach activities, and responds to inquiries from students and community agencies.
• Creates, packages, monitors and distributes resource materials for student recruitment and retention programs; develops mentorship programs; analyzes trends in recruitment and retention programs; develops strategies for program evaluation.
• Assists students throughout the admissions process from filling out the admissions application, to advising students on admission requirements, to processing the student paperwork, through to regular admission status.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• General office support practices and procedures
• Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function
• Proficient with a variety of computer software, including word processing, database and spreadsheet applications
• Records processing and maintenance procedures and systems
• Proficient in English composition, grammar and punctuation and composing letters and preparing reports
• Filing/records systems
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions and procedures
• Ability to operate typical office equipment, including personal computer and standard office computer programs
• Skill communicating orally and in writing
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Associate’s Degree in any field is required.
• At least one year of responsible experience providing direct customer service to higher education students or office support is required.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment