Employment Opportunities - Allied Health Sciences Instructor
Allied Health Sciences Instructor
Date Opened: 2023-10-17
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position instructs students toward professional practice in various community and Allied Health Sciences fields.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepares and presents classroom and/or online lectures, laboratory activities, and implements techniques to facilitate student active learning;
prepares and grades tests and student outcome assessments; participates in program and curriculum development.
• Participates in program and curriculum development and student outcome assessment.
• Conducts supervision of students in skill-based laboratory settings.
• Provides one-on-one student guidance and advisement on topics including regular degree audits, individual tutoring referrals, and completion goals.
• Assists in planning and implementation of student recruitment, retention, and placement efforts.
• Conducts ongoing inquiry to maintain currency in science education practices; participates on assigned committees and in professional
development workshops and conferences.
• Collaborates with other faculty and instructors to create and maintain a supportive and balanced system of academic instruction to ensure program
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Adult learning theory, curriculum development and classroom, laboratory and field presentation techniques
• Advising methods and techniques
• Research methodology and information resources related to designated field(s) Knowledge of basic supervisory and coaching principles and
• Skill in operating equipment and performing work related to designated field(s)
• Ability to supervise students in work experience settings
• Ability to prepare and present classroom lectures and laboratory work
• Proficient in the use of standard office equipment and applications including Microsoft Office Suite
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move
objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a
computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
• The worker may need to work days and evenings in different modalities.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Master’s Degree and 18 graduate hours in a qualifying field is required.
• At least two years of teaching experience in Higher Education is preferred.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2503
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment