Employment Opportunities - Student Success Specialist - Financial Aid
Student Success Specialist - Financial Aid
Date Opened: 2022-11-16
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position is responsible for evaluating, approving, and awarding financial aid to students in accordance with federal, state, and institution regulation, policies, and operational guidelines.
Essential Job Functions
• Assesses financial needs of students.
• Advises, guides, and assists students and parents regarding financial aid matters.
• Determines the financial need and completes the appropriate process for eligibility in accordance with student’s qualifications and educational goals assuring compliance with Federal, State, and program
• Participates in student information system/procedure planning.
• Responds to inquiries and resolves problems related to student financial aid matters or concerns.
• Serves as a liaison with state, federal, tribal and other agencies to ensure positive relations for LCC students.
• Analyzes and evaluates financial viability for students and their families.
• Reviews and assesses eligibility for federal, state, and private aid.
• Ensures security, confidentiality and safety of financial aid records.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of customer service, teamwork, teambuilding, and collaboration techniques
• Knowledge in confidential policies, privacy act and release of information
• Knowledge of financial aid policies, procedures, and eligibility requirements
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
• Ability to work in a high performing environment
• Ability to develop and present financial aid trainings
• Knowledge of federal and state laws, regulations, and policies concerning the provision of financial aid to students
• Knowledge in the organizations of policies, procedures, and administrative practices generally used in higher education
• Knowledge of Financial Aid Rules and Regulations concerning he provision of financial aid to students
• Knowledge of principles and practices of effective leadership
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection.
• The worker will sit for long periods of time.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Bachelor’s Degree and six months of experience in education or a combination of education and experience.
• Financial Aid experience is preferred.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2503
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment