Employment Opportunities - Full Time Performance Assistant 1
Full Time Performance Assistant 1
Date Opened: 2022-06-23
Closing Date: Until Filled
PAY GRADE: 30
This position leads the overall safe operation of the Wellness Center and the safety of all individuals using the Wellness Center while enforcing facility policies and procedures. Furthermore, the position incorporates the established duties during working hours. Work extends to developing and/or supervising exercise programs as well as training the public with recommended exercise programs. This position requires a CPR or First Aid Certification.
Essential Job Functions
• Assists with department equipment inventory.
• Assists with clerical duties such answering phones, filing, photocopying, and creating documents using Microsoft Office.
• Compiles and distributes reports and maintains statistical information for Wellness Center courses, such as sign-in sheets, grades, and all required forms prior to the use of the facility.
• Performs routine public contact and safety work in serving as an exercise technician.
• Performs CPR and First Aid on active or passive individuals when necessary.
• Implements safety with the Wellness Center equipment, facility sanitation, inventory, and maintenance schedules.
• Prepares, completes, and presents maintenance related records and statistics for the various incidents or activities within the Wellness Center.
• Develops working relationships with vendors including water bottle companies and exercise equipment maintenance workers.
• Gives fitness assessments to healthy population of the school and community.
• Develops and/or supervises exercise programs, as required to meet patient/member care needs, to include special population.
• Assists with assessment procedures when necessary, such as: skin folds, heart rates, blood pressures, heights, weights, etc.
• May be required to serve as department representative at various community meetings, in the absence of director.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Wellness consultations skills, including exercise prescriptions, nutrition strategy, healthy lifestyle choices, stress management and techniques; uses various hand tools in the maintenance assistance of equipment within the entire Wellness Center
• Must have a flexible work schedule to include attending meetings, seminars, training, and workshops as needed
• Knowledge of FERPA rules and regulations
• Knowledge of HIPPA rules and regulations
• Ability to adhere to required office hours
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to teach and develop exercise programs toward specific goals, and specific populations
• Knowledge of proper body mechanics, equipment, facilities, and operations
• Must be willing to maintain a good physical condition and practice such conditioning on a regular basis
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting in excess of 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
• The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
• The worker may be required to work weekends and evenings.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Bachelor’s Degree is required.
• Certification in First Aid is required or must obtain within 60 days of employment
• At least six (6) months experience in a related field is preferred.
• Experience with records maintenance and management is preferred.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment