Employment Opportunites - Full-Time General Maintenance 1
Full-Time General Maintenance 1
Date Opened: 2021-11-11
Closing Date: Until Filled
PAY GRADE: 24
This position is responsible for performing grounds keeping and building maintenance throughout the
Essential Job Functions
• Provides grounds keeping and building maintenance throughout the college.
• Performs routine maintenance duties such as applying plaster and fixing furniture.
• Performs maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in grounds keeping.
• Performs maintenance on heating and cooling units such as replacing filters and cleaning coils.
• Performs minor plumbing and minor carpentry work.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of basic grounds maintenance equipment
• Knowledge of, and ability to use chemicals
• Basic carpentry desired
• Basic plumbing experience desired
• Ability to follow instructions
• Good communication skills
• Knowledgeable of safety rules
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Physical activities: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, pushing, pulling, walking, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, repetitive motion, and hearing are daily activities of this job.
• Very heavy work. Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operates machines, such as lathes, drill presses, power saws, and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performs mechanical or skilled trade tasks of a non-repetitive nature.
• The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside; subjected to extreme cold (below 32) for periods of more than one hour. Also, worker is exposed to extreme heat (above 100) for periods of more than one hour.
• The worker is subject to noise and vibration.
• The worker is subject to hazard such as such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
• The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) is required.
• New Mexico Driver License is required.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment