Employment Opportunites - Adjunct Early Childhood & Education Instructor-Education
Adjunct Early Childhood & Education Instructor-Education
Date Opened: 2019-07-10
Closing Date: Until Filled
Salary: $650 per credit hour
This position is responsible for instructing students in required education courses necessary for the pursuit of certificates and associates degrees in Education.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepares and presents course descriptions, lesson plans, and classroom lectures, and implements techniques to facilitate student-active learning.
• Prepares and grades tests and quizzes; develops handouts and other learning aids.
• Participates in program and curriculum development and outcome assessments.
• Evaluates student outcomes throughout the curriculum utilizing assessment data to improve teaching strategies within courses.
• Provides one-to-one student supervision and/or counseling, advising and tutoring.
• Analyzes and documents student progress; coordinates and schedules student tutoring as appropriate.
• Participates in student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
• Must exhibit general pedagogical competence.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Adult learning theory, curriculum development and classroom and field presentation techniques.
• Research methodology and information resources related to designated field(s) of education and related discipline.
• Basic supervisory and coaching principles and practices for teachers.
• Skill in performing work related to designated field(s) of education.
• Skill in supervising students in work experience settings.
• Skill in preparing and presenting classroom lectures.
• Skill in the use of standard office equipment, including personal computer and standard office software.
• Knowledge of policies and procedures for admissions, recruitment, testing, advisement, tutoring, placement and registration
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Strong organizational skills
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Masters or Doctoral degree in a field directly related to the assigned subject(s) of education;
• Three (3) years of teaching or practicing experience in the designated field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Preferred: One (1) to three (3) years experience with distance education.
Luna Community College
Sandra Rivera, Human Resources Administrator
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment