Employment Opportunities - Full-Time College and Career Readiness Institute Faculty/Staff
Full-Time College and Career Readiness Institute Faculty/Staff
Date Opened: 2022-03-24
Closing Date: Until Filled
PAY GRADE: 34
This position is a 12-month full time position. This position instructs students toward High School Equivalency (HSE) test preparation and career and college readiness through general studies coursework and soft skills development for success.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepares and presents course descriptions, lesson plans and classroom lectures in the classroom/virtual.
• Implements techniques to facilitate student active learning.
• Assists in preparation of High School Equivalency test.
• Active participation in NM Career Pathways Initiative.
• Integrated Education Training (IET) program development.
• Participates in program and curriculum development, student outcome assessments, and staff meetings.
• Assists in planning and implementation of student outreach, coaching, retention, and transition to credit bearing courses.
• Assists in developing class instruction schedules.
• Provides instruction according to class schedule.
• Coordinates test assessments.
• Creates documents.
• Performs administrative functions directly related to academic instruction or training.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Adult learning theory, curriculum development and classroom, and best practices
• Advising/coaching methods and techniques
• Research methodology and information resources related to general studies
• Basic supervisory and coaching principles and practices
• Ability to supervise students in career and academic planning
• Ability to prepare and present classroom lectures in multiple media formats
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to use Google Suites effectively
• Strong organizational skills
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Bachelor’s Degree is required.
• Six (6) months of teaching or practicing experience in the designated field or a combination of education and experience is required.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment