Employment Opportunites - Full-Time Registrar
Date Opened: 2020-07-27
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position directs and manages the development, operation and evaluation of student records maintenance and registrar functions for the Institute.
Essential Job Functions
• Plans and directs all facets of student registration; obtains, updates and maintains student educational records and develops academic transcripts.
• Works with academic departments to create a conflict-free, accurate schedule that balances efficiency, department needs, student needs, scheduling processes and institutional policy.
• Audits all course information utilizing the College’s Course Catalog and HED approval to ensure accuracy of course listings including: course comments, fees and fee codes, drop/add dates, all restrictions, pre-requisites, saved seats, course descriptions and other course specifics.
• Ensures timely and accurate dissemination of schedule and catalog information.
• Assists with information for graduation clearance.
• Provides ongoing training on course scheduling and contact time to academic department directors and support staff as needed.
• Updates and publishes the College Catalog.
• Responsible for producing and publishing registration policies and procedures.
• Accepts transfer credits; oversees class scheduling; confers degrees and certificates.
• Directs the maintenance of a variety of documentation and records, and prepares reports for internal and external entities.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations pertaining to official records.
• Provides files/records assistance to federal and other official agencies.
• Oversees the development and preparation of the college catalog.
• Coordinates student records and registrar activities with activities of other programs, departments or staff to ensure program delivery according to appropriate policies, procedures and specifications.
• Resolves discrepancies or procedural problems and responds to program administration and/or program delivery questions ensuring necessary follow-up occurs; controls program records for operational and budget accountability; develops and administers the department budget.
• Confers with and advises staff and program participants to provide advice, problem solving assistance, answers to questions and interpretation of program goals and policy.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of budget development and administration
• Knowledge of records management principles and practices
• Knowledge of supervisory and coaching principles and practices
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of effective leadership, management and supervision
• Program management principles and practices
• Proficient in the Carnegie classification of credit hours and contact time “The Carnegie Unit”
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Program development, implementation and evaluation
• Skill in assessing objectives and operational requirements to develop and implement appropriate operational policies and procedures
• Proficient in the use of computers (PC) in a Windows-based operating environment
• Proficient in FERPA compliance
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Master’s Degree in Education or a closely related field is required.
• Five to seven years of progressively responsible experience in a student services environment, including two years of records management and supervisory experience is required.
Luna Community College
Sandra Rivera, Human Resources Administrator
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment