Employment Opportunities - CCRI Adult Education IET Program Administrator
CCRI Adult Education IET Program Administrator
Date Opened: 2023-07-27
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Workforce Integration Network (WIN) Program Administrator will develop and manage the day-to-day operations of the new Integrated Education and Training (IET) in Adult Education. Will assist with recruiting and onboarding adult education students. Responsible for contextually and concurrently co-teaching classes with Allied Health and CTE instructors in workforce certificates. Responsible for developing, implementing, evaluating, and reporting on the IET Adult Education program and related projects.
Essential Job Functions
• Develops and administers the daily operations of the Integrated Education and Training Program within Adult Education.
• Works with Luna project director, WIN consortium career navigator, grant personnel, and collaborates with IET instructor teams across the WIN consortium to share the best practices.
• Collaborates with content area teachers to develop contextualized and integrated course syllabi, curriculum, assessment tools, and active learning activities and appropriate technology and tools while
continually seeking ways to improve student learning.
• Oversees and provides direct instruction through a co-teaching approach the content area healthcare classes or building trades providing support with literacy, math, and language comprehension.
• Assists in planning and implementation of student recruitment, retention, and placement efforts.
• Regularly advises students about academic achievement and learning goals toward an identified career pathway.
• Regularly meets with co-teacher and attends all WIN IET training sessions .
• Assesses and reports students’ academic growth toward attainment of college readiness skills, High School Equivalency certificate (if needed), career preparation, and identified IET certificate.
• Provides monthly progress reports and assists in grant reporting of efforts in recruitment, enrollment, completion, and placement of graduates.
• Attends and supports college activities, trainings, meetings, and functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Current and demonstrated knowledge in Literacy and Adult Education strategies to address reading, math, and language skills
• Knowledge of current teaching methodologies and practices such as cooperative learning, diverse learning styles, tutorial units and related instructional learning laboratories, evaluation methodologies,
curriculum design and planning.
• Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Skills in problem solving, time management, computer use, and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to communicate information and ideas, work with students with learning differences and disabilities.
• Skill in the operation of computers and job-related software programs.
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Must be willing to work evenings and some Saturdays as part of IET instruction
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and /or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminals; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
● Bachelor’s Degree is required.
● Four years teaching experience is required
● Preferred education and experience include the following
o Master’s Degree in education, the liberal arts, or a related field.
o Experience with curriculum development and student advising.
o Experience with use of standardized assessments.
o Prior experience teaching Integrated Education and Training courses.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2503
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment