Employment Opportunites - Area Health Education Center (AHEC) Director
Area Health Education Center (AHEC) Director
Date Opened: 2020-12-08
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position directs and manages the development, operation and evaluation of the Montanas del Norte Area Health Education Center, according to objectives established by the University Of New Mexico Health Sciences Center/Department of Family & Community Medicine/Office for Community Health.
Essential Job Functions
• Manages and directs one of the State’s regional, state, and national Area Health Education Centers. Serves 15 counties in northern New Mexico.
• Manages Multiple State and Federal Grants.
• Plans, develops and implements education and training programs and offers collaborative opportunities with other organizations.
• Designs and/or supports continuing education workshops for licensed community health and mental health professionals including but not limited to physicians, physician assistants, nurses, social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists, allied health professionals, community health workers, counselors and other public health professionals.
• Coordinates and conducts health career programs for students (high school through college age).
• Manages federal and state program budgets including approving funding allocations for medical students’ and residents’ housing and travel, health promotion activities, education and training workshops, distance education programs, health career awareness programs, staff travel, supplies and equipment.
• Plans, develops, coordinates and conducts statewide health promotion activities. Coordinates activities with organizational partner’s to ensure program delivery in accordance with appropriate policies, procedures and specifications as outlined by the UNM HSC grant contract scope of work.
• Coordinates various workforce development programs in collaboration with the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center and School of Medicine.
• Oversees staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge in managing State, Federal and Private Grants
• Knowledge of New Mexico State Regulations and Licensing Boards’ regulations
• Knowledge and experience in laws, regulations, etc., related to CEU’s for licensing purposes
• Ability to lead, manage and supervise staff
• Program development, implementation and evaluation
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships in the health education community
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel) applications
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Master’s Degree in a health-related discipline is required.
• At least three years of experience in policy, planning and administration in a health related field is required.
Luna Community College
Sandra Rivera, Human Resources Administrator
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment