Employment Opportunities - Student Success Specialist - Registrar
Student Success Specialist - Registrar
Date Opened: 2023-10-12
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the Luna Community College (LCC) student records. This position also provides support to the Registrar, LCC students, general public and individuals seeking self-improvement thru the programs or courses offered at LCC.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintains student academic records ensuring accuracy and preservation of academic credentials in accordance with institutional policy, accreditation standards, privacy laws and FERPA
• Processes registrations, assists students with the registration process and resolves student registration discrepancies, course requests, course cancellations and maintains organized records and files,
maintains graduation and transcript processing; inputs all midterm and final grades; assists with information for graduation clearance, including processing degrees and preparation of reports when required.
• Assists students in the smooth completion of enrollment at LCC.
• Conducts degree/certificate audits for each completed semester and each awarded student.
• Issues official/unofficial records, conducts all drops, adds and complete withdrawals, course audit forms, and any other internal/external office forms related to student academic history and enrollment.
• Assists in the development and preparation of all schedule entries,
• Assists in producing semester schedules and entry of all Schedule Entry forms.
• Assists with coordinating Academic Departments to complete the academic calendar in a timely manner.
• Provides support and assists the Registrar with all commencement activities, ordering and any other support during commencement preparation.
• Researches information as necessary to respond to inquires or addresses specific student concerns.
• Contacts students regarding registration, degree, graduation and incomplete or inaccurate documents.
• Assists Registrar with external requests for student records in accordance with state/federal/judicial orders/requests/requirements
• Processes and monitors official transcripts as well as the process of all transfer work needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficient in MS Office Products (MS Word, Excel, Publisher, One Note, Access and Outlook)
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Bachelor’s Degree is required.
• One to three years of experience providing direct customer service to students and or office support is required.
• Customer service or office support experience in higher education is preferred.
• One- year experience in Higher Education is preferred.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2503
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment