Employment Opportunities - Assistant Baseball Coach
Assistant Baseball Coach
Date Opened: 2023-08-03
Closing Date: until Filled
This position is under supervision of the Head Baseball Coach. Assists with directing and coordinating all aspects of the development, management, and operation of a community college baseball program as per NJCAA rules and regulations. Assists the Head Baseball Coach with the development of all goals and objectives, training strategies, and player behavior on or off the baseball field. Assists with planning events and coordinating publicity with LCC PR Coordinator and assists in managing equipment and facilities.
Essential Job Functions
• Assists with organizing, preparing, and conducting team practices; oversees drills, provides group and one-on-one instruction during training and competition.
• Assists with preparing a recruitment plan that coordinates and collaborates with the LCC A&R Department strategies to recruit the best suitable student-athlete in accordance with NJCAA regulations.
• Attends recruiting events discussed in the recruitment plan; properly contact and maintain contact with probable student athletes discussed during recruiting meetings.
• Assist with coordinating all transportation, meals and lodging for the team.
• Assists in the overseeing of warm-up, stretching, weight training, speed & agility, and arm training program; ensures student athletes progress and adherence to the activities which comprise the program.
• Assists with student-athlete academic progress; supervise study halls and academic progress reports.
• Compiles, distributes, reports and maintains all statistical information for teams and individual student athletes. Makes this information available to those who request the information.
• Organizes camps, clinics, and workshops related to their sport.
• Coordinates all field maintenance activities with LCC Staff to ensure proper and safe field conditions at all practices, games and events.
• Rakes, sweeps, and pick up clippings, paper, and trash from athletic fields.
• Prepares the fields which will include dragging the infield, chalking the field according to specified dimensions, watering infield, and setting bases.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge in the development of Community College athletic programs
• Knowledge in management and team building concepts
• Knowledge in procurement and monitoring and development of a financial budget
• Knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations a plus
• Knowledge of FERPA rules and regulations a plus
• Skills in weight and diet training concepts
• Skills in field maintenance
• Ability to adhere to required office hours
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Physical activities: Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, repetitive motions, and hearing are required.
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned
• The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required or a combination of education and experience.
• At least three years of coaching, field maintenance, team development experience at the high school or community college level or a combination of education and experience.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2503
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment