Employment Opportunities - Adjunct Certified Nursing Assistant Instructor
Adjunct Certified Nursing Assistant Instructor
Date Opened: 2022-02-09
Closing Date: Until Filled
PAY GRADE: $650 per credit hour
This position instructs students toward certification as a Nursing Assistant to practice in community health care.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepares and presents classroom lectures and implements techniques to facilitate student active learning in a flexible, condensed delivery schedule.
• Participates in program and curriculum development.
• Evaluates student outcomes throughout the curriculum utilizing assessment data to improve teaching strategies within courses; continuous development of department strategic plan.
• Provides student supervision, advising and tutoring.
• Participates in student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
• Advises and mentors students for success.
• Maintains currency in the field and participates in professional development.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge in adult learning theory, curriculum development and classroom, laboratory and field presentation techniques
• Knowledge in basic supervisory and coaching principles and practices
• Knowledge in advising methods and techniques
• Ability to operate equipment and performing work related to designated field
• Ability to supervise students in work experience settings
• Ability to prepare and present classroom lectures and laboratory work
• Proficient in the use of standard office equipment, including computer and standard office software.
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and visual inspection.
• Exposure to hazardous materials/chemicals in skills lab and clinical settings, and/or infectious diseases in community health settings.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Must be Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of New Mexico.
• At least two years of clinical nursing experience with at least one year in the provision of long-term care facility services.
• Must have completed a course in teaching adults or have experience in teaching adults or supervising nurse aides/assistants.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment