Employment Opportunites - Temporary Part-Time Adult Education Math/Language Arts Instructor-Anton Chico
Temporary Part-Time Adult Education Math/Language Arts Instructor-Anton Chico
Date Opened: 2019-07-30
Closing Date: Until Filled
Under limited supervision, instructs students toward AE high school equivalency test preparation through the study of general studies coursework.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepares and presents course descriptions, lesson plans and classroom lectures.
• Implements techniques to facilitate student active learning.
• Prepares and grades tests and quizzes.
• Develops handouts and other learning aids.
• Participates in program and curriculum development, and outcome assessments.
• Schedule tutors as assigned.
• Provides one-to-one student supervision and/or, advising and tutoring.
• Analyzes and documents student progress
• Participates in student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of adult learning theory, curriculum development, and classroom and field presentation techniques.
• Knowledge of advising methods and techniques.
• Knowledge of research methodology and information resources related to designated field.
• Knowledge of basic supervisory and coaching principles and practices.
• Skill in performing work related to designated field of general studies.
• Skill in supervising students in work experience settings.
• Skill in preparing and presenting classroom lectures.
• Skill in the use of standard office equipment, including personal computer and standard office software.
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Bachelor’s Degree in field directly related to the assigned subject(s) required.
• At least one (1) year of teaching or practicing experience in the designed field required.
• Driver’s License required.
Luna Community College
Sandra Rivera, Human Resources Administrator
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment