Employment Opportunites - Full-Time Student Services Specialist 2-Office of the Registrar
Full-Time Student Services Specialist 2-Office of the Registrar
Date Opened: 2019-08-02
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the Luna Community College (LCC) student record. This position also provides support to LCC students, general public and individuals seeking self-improvement thru the programs or courses offered at LCC.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintains student academic records ensuring accuracy and preservation of academic credentials in accordance with institutional policy, accreditation standards and privacy laws and FERPA.
• Processes registrations, assists students with the registration process and resolves student registration discrepancies, course requests, course cancellations and maintains organized records and files, maintains grad and transcript processing; inputs all midterm and final grades; assists with information for graduation clearance, including processing degrees and preparation of reports when required.
• Assist students in the smooth completion of enrollment at LCC. Responsible for processing of diplomas/certificates for awarded students. Issuance of official/unofficial records Processes adds, drops, complete withdrawals, course audit forms and other internal/external office forms relating to student academic history and enrollment.
• Serves as liaison between institutional departments, universities, and other external agencies as appropriate. Assists with training and scheduling of courses.
• Researches information as necessary to respond to inquiries or addresses specific student concerns. Contacts students regarding registration, degree, graduation and incomplete or inaccurate documents. Assist Registrar on external requests for student records in accordance with state/federal/judicial orders/requests/requirements.
• Processes and monitors Veterans educational benefits for qualifying students.
• Reviews coursework and assists students with pre-requisite or co-requisite requirements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficient in MS Office Products (MS Word, Excel, Publisher, One Note, Access and Outlook)
• Proficient in higher education standards for community colleges and institutions of higher education preferred
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Proficient in VA-ONCE VA Education Benefits system preferred
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
• The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
• The worker is required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) is required, must obtain Associate’s degree within three years of employment.
• Three to five years of experience working with students and or office support is required or a combination of education and experience.
• Associate’s Degree is preferred.
Luna Community College
Sandra Rivera, Human Resources Administrator
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment