Employment Opportunites - Full-Time Career Services Advisor
Full-Time Career Services Advisor
Date Opened: 2019-08-07
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position is responsible for supporting all students and graduates from LCC by reporting on and accurately tracking students while at LCC as well as employment results twelve (12) months post-graduation.
Essential Job Functions
• Maximizes student employment outcomes through development of college resources, including but not limited to webinars, training, videos, newsletters and live lectures.
• Provides advising services to students and alumni, including career advising, resume and cover letter development, interviewing and job search techniques and strategies, assessments and overall career exploration.
• Contributes to Subject Matter Expert group(s) such as the Small Business Development Center to ensure the forward progression of college resources specifically targeted at career development services for students and alumni.
• Prepares reports and proposals, and responds to inquiries from student and minority agencies. Creates and/or distributes promotional fliers and related recruitment material.
• Assists the Department Manager in promoting and representing year-round LCC recruitment activities such as promotional opportunities, marketing campaigns, public functions and career fairs.
• Plans and coordinates informational workshops, college visits and tours, community visits to inform the public about educational opportunities at LCC.
• Serves as a resource person for all employees at the College in directing and fielding programmatic career search questions.
• Supports and contributes to LCC’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Assists in the design and implementation of an alumni survey used to analyze information for assessment purposes.
• Collaborates with Departments, Administration and Public Relations to identify strategic career services messaging provided throughout a student’s program.
• Assists the Department in processing student paperwork, through to regular admission status maintaining student/graduate records and documentation of recruitment and career service activities.
• Assists in training on new technology used by admissions and recruitment, policies, procedures, and admissions and recruitment office initiatives.
• Assists with the development and implementation of marketing and recruitment plans, strategies, and written material. Assists with the coordination of student recruitment, admission, and retention activities. Conducts data analysis for the purpose of maximizing the success of recruitment.
• Assists in developing a tracking method to report outcome percentages and average salaries one year post graduation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• General office support practices and procedures
• Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function
• Proficient with a variety of computer software, including word processing, database and spreadsheet applications
• Records processing and maintenance procedures and systems
• Proficient in English composition, grammar and punctuation and composing letters and preparing reports
• Filing/records systems
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions and procedures
• Ability to operate typical office equipment, including personal computer and standard office computer programs
• Skill communicating orally and in writing
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Bachelor’s Degree in any field is required.
• At least two years of responsible experience providing direct customer service to higher education students and or office support is required.
• Master’s Degree is preferred.
Luna Community College
Sandra Rivera, Human Resources Administrator
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment