Employment Opportunities - Career and Technical Education Director
Career and Technical Education Director
Date Opened: 2023-05-03
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position is responsible for the leadership direction and management of day to day operations of the Career and Technical Education Division. The position is also directly responsible for the operational
budget for the departments. Assumes teaching role as needed.
Essential Job Functions
• Defines and oversees short- and long-term direction and activities for the department.
• Oversees the department’s academic programs, including curriculum maintenance and development, classroom instruction and evaluation, faculty qualifications and development, and syllabus preparation.
• Supervises staff and full- and part- time faculty members.
• Participates in faculty and staff mentoring and evaluation.
• Conducts budget management and development.
• Prepares institutional and external reports.
• Participates in programs supporting academic planning, career planning, recruiting, student retention and student completion.
• Builds and maintains strong community and other stakeholder relationships.
• Works to develop work-based learning opportunities for students.
• Collaborates with other Directors and VP of Instruction and Student Services to support strategic goals.
• Collaborates with Grants Office to secure additional funding for division.
• Insures CTE Division remains in compliance with required policies and practices.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Business-level skills in writing and oral communication
• Sound Judgment
• Strong Leadership Skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Work Environment and Physical Factors
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sits most of the time.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection,
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
• Associate’s Degree and 7+ years professional experience in a skilled or craft trade
o or Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years professional experience in a skilled or craft trade
o or Master’s Degree in Education
• Administrative, Vocational or Academic experience or personnel management or project management experience is preferred.
• Teaching experience is preferred.
Luna Community College
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2503
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment