Employment Opportunites - Adjunct-Allied Health EMT Instructor
Adjunct-Allied Health EMT Instructor
Date Opened: 2018-02-15
Closing Date: Until Filled
Salary: $650 per credit hour
Under limited supervision, instructs students toward practice/employment through the study of EMT-Basic.
Essential Job Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act may include, but are not limited to the following characteristics, duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and other characteristics.
At the discretion of the immediate supervisor other job-related duties may be assigned as necessary.
Prepares and presents course descriptions, lesson plans and classroom lectures; implements techniques to facilitate student active learning; prepares and grades tests and quizzes; develops handouts and other learning aids; participates in program and curriculum development and outcome assessments;
Provides one-to-one student supervision and/or counseling, advising and tutoring; analyzes and documents student progress; participates in student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
Conducts ongoing research to maintain currency in designated field(s); establishes and maintains linkages with appropriate external resources and other contacts; participates on assigned committees and in professional development workshops and conference.
Other Duties as assigned: I.E. (Board Meetings, Committees, Trainings, and Interviews).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of adult learning theory, curriculum development and classroom and field presentation techniques.
- Knowledge of counseling and advising methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of research methodology and information resources related to designated field(s) of Emergency Medicine.
- Knowledge of basic supervisory principles and practices.
- Skill in operating equipment and performing work related to designated(s) of Emergency Medicine.
- Skill in supervising students in work experience settings.
- Skill in preparing and presenting classroom lectures.
- Skill in the use of standard office equipment, including personal computers and standard office software.
Education, Experience and Licenses
- Must have EMT-Intermediate certification or higher.
- Must have a valid New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Must be a Current New Mexico EMS Joint Organization on Education (J.O.E.) EMS level 1 Instructor /Coordinator.
Luna Community College
Sandra Rivera, Human Resources Administrator
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
LCC Application for Employment